the home search

last night brought windy raininess to missoula. finally. the smoke in the valley had gotten so thick that we were all suffering sore throats and earaches. i can't help but imagine that these are the first inklings of the future we have created for ourselves: longer, longer, hotter summers. with more fires, less rain. later fall, shorter spring. lower and lower river flows. a tiny orange disc of a sun burning in a strangely smoky sky, a la oryx and crake.

our peppers and tomatoes could use more hot weather, warmer nights, but we will artifically create these conditions with the hothouse, etc. we hope.

snow in the mountains this weekend, they're predicting. lows approaching freezing. the parsnips and carrots will love it. the potatoes and pumpkins. the flowers on my porch will be brought in and temporarily housed here, although i imagine it will rebound into a warm stretch for a little while again.

****

Comments

Anonymous said…
another great picture.

and...I fear you are right. about the sun, that is.
Anonymous said…
Makes me want to cry! I'm starting to think you've got a talent here. But don't get to puffed up my only college degree is in Civil Engineering!
richardrobinson59@yahoo.com
Anonymous said…
I forgot to give you my new favorite web site www.flickr.com you'll love it...lots of photographs....enter a search term (Missoula? Tortola? ) select "most interesting" (or whatever).......enjoy. I promise I'll stop buggin' you now-my wife's on vacation for a week and I've been lookin' for stuff to do! And I've got a soft spot in my heart for artists.........
richardrobinson59@yahoo.com

Popular Posts